Friday, April 4, 2008

"W"


"W", originally uploaded by johnpaul98_99.

Here's another addition to my letter series. I'm still not sure why this is so appealing to me. I know that having worked in printing and the graphic arts for thirty years, I'm very conscious of letters and words and typography. Certain things just jump out at me and make me take notice.

This "W" is a metal cut-out that is welded to a wrought iron gate. I has been spray painted a metallic gold and then weathered over the years. I love the surface texture and patina!

Here's a photo of the whole gate.



I would love to know more about this gate: who made it, when it was put up, was this originally the main entrance to the train yards, etc. If anyone out there has more info on this, I would love to hear from you!


No comments: